Oh, Hydrogen Peroxide. You do so many things. You deserve more attention.
Here’s a list of the many benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide!
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle).
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of “Peroxide” to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. One man reports, “I had a fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry. All gone.”
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. A nurse reports that she has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.
9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
10. If you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it’s not a drastic change.
11. Put half of a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there are protein stains on clothing, pour it directly on the spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with water. Repeat if necessary.
13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.
14. Use 3% Hydrogen peroxide for removing blood stains – especially if they are fairly fresh. Pour directly on the soiled spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary. It is a great bleaching agent for stubborn stains on white clothes. Combine ½ c. hydrogen peroxide and 1 t. ammonia for a great stain removal combination.
15. Use hydrogen peroxide to bleach delicate items such as wool or wool blends. Soak them overnight in a solution of one part 3% hydrogen peroxide to eight parts cold water. Launder according to care instructions.
*Also, if you have a dog that you need to get to vomit (like if they ate a bunch of chocolate), make them swallow hydrogen peroxide. Give it to them a few teaspoons at a time.*
just putting this here
And usually just .99!
all of this. peroxide is underrated
As a habitual dental hygiene obsesser, I approve this post :-)
Also it helps clean off animal bones. Just soak them in H2O2 for a while and they’ll be easier to clean. Bonus: they also turn really white.
If you get blood on your clothing (especially, say, if your period comes early or something) then peroxide removes it almost perfectly!
Also a 1:1:1 mixture of peroxide, rubbing alcohol, and water will clean and dry your ears, helping to cure and prevent ear infections.
It cleans jewelry like a charm, too.
Also, if you poor half a cap full in your ear it will loosen ear wax. You simply wait for the fizzing to stop then tip your head and let it poor out. Best have a rag or cotton ball to catch the drainage. Also best to let your head stay tipped for 10-15 minutes to be sure loosened ear wax comes out.
As you can see the legs and body are on their way to being complete. Sadly I had to pack Bunny up today. Do to that fact I will not be able to Finnish him anytime soon; I am missing important pieces in finishing him and I do not have money to get what I need. I also have bigger fish to fry.
At this rate, Colbert might actually be held accountable in the near future for making transphobic jokes.
Go trigger warn some shit
That’s not transphobic, though. He’s making a point that because the LGBT agenda is “barreling forward at full-speed” that the B and T of LGBT is being left behind. Everyone is focusing on the L and the G that there are people who have no idea what the B and T even stand for. He’s not being transphobic or making a slight meant to make fun of or harm the bi and trans* community. He’s making a point that no one is focusing on them because they’re focusing on the lesbian and gay community.
Mother. Fucking. This.
People really need to realize that EVERYTHING Colbert says while on camera is satire.
Satire: The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the cotext of a play, novel, fiilm or other works.
He is not making a transphobic joke. He is not honestly saying that bi and trans people do not count/matter/exist. He is making humor in order to shed light on the fact that they are forgotten.
He is doing this to raise fucking awareness that there is more to LGBT than LG. He is raising a big flag that says “Hey, don’t forget about these guys. They count. They matter. Why aren’t you doing anything about them? Why aren’t they discussed?” He is not trying to say “They don’t matter.”
So please stop with the self righteous, self pity, “social justice” comments unless you know what you are talking about.
I do appreciate that Bisexual is matched with bacon. I rather enjoy bacon.
This is why I love the Colbert Show.
wait…people dont…measure distance in hours besides in new england?
BUT ITS SO MUCH MORE CONVENIENT
Nah we measure in time in the midwest too. At least I always have. Then again my parents are from the east coast so maybe I picked it up from them?
This is common place in Minnesota and Iowa for sure.
tell me the title
to this movie?
ITS CALLED WE’RE BACK! A DINOSAUR’S STORY
THIS WAS MY FAVORITE MOVIE AS A CHILD WOW I JUST
REALLY WANT TO WATCH THIS AGAIN
I am so glad other know of this movie! Whenever I bring it up with friends they haven’t seen it. My joy meter is at full.
Bloodstain Pattern Analysis (BPA) - Resource for Crime Writers
well you never know when this might come in handy.
I feel like this would be useful to some of you.
For Crime Writers? Also for artists and all those Zombie cosplayers who probably have been doing this wrong for a WHILE.
A few pictures of the Davesprite Sculpey figure I finished a little bit ago. I think he turned out nicely. Plus the friend I made him for as a birthday gift seems to love the shit out of him. I’d mark this one as a success.
Same structure as usual reference picture at the top and Finished piece at the bottom.
And once again I am drawing friends with out asking them first, heh heh. This one is a drawing of my friends Mojo jo jo (Actual name is just Jo).
The piece is alright, ‘though I do not think it is a fair representation of Jo. I also had problems with the tie, so rather then seeming like a white tie it more just seems black, but hey nothing is perfect and I should just be happy with it.
‘Though on a humorous note, Jo’s lovely impromptu Dave Strider looks like a brunette in my drawing thanks to sepia tones. Yay sepia!
Hey guys. Apologies for the very long post, but I feel as if this needs to be said.
I’m sure everyone remembers that really awesome, amazingly well made Jake English cosplay that was circulating around for a while? Their url is whatevachild.
These are some of the answered asks on their page. I noticed that some people were receiving really rude answers, and I felt as if I should say something. This cosplayer believes that if you aren’t perfect, then you’re a shitty cosplayer.
The very last two pictures are the responses I received to my asks to them. I honestly respected them as a cosplayer, and strived to make my cosplays as well as them one day. Now, I know I’m no professional, and I’m not some type of cosplay god, but I put a LOT of work into my cosplays. I spend a lot of money and time on them….but APPARENTLY, I will never be able to be as good as this person. I simply tried to be polite and let them know that maybe they should be a little less rude towards maybe not-so-amazing cosplayers, and this was the answer I got.
My point is, you can be an amazing cosplayer, and you can have your opinions, but there’s no need to make other people feel like shit because of a damn hobby. Feel free to take cosplay as seriously as you wish, but once you become a prick towards other people because their cosplay doesn’t live up to your own expectations, you become a pretty awful cosplayer.
jesus fuckin dickballs
I’m sorry for reblogging this followers but this is what my little rant was about in case you haven’t seen it.
I tried really hard to not get into this conversation, I really did. I really, really, did. But is anyone going to mention that his shirt isn’t canon?
First off, lovely point with the none Cannon, being he seems to pride himself in it and it seems to be where he thinks he can get off talking down at people. Seems like an important fact to keep in mind.
Also, this goes to show that looking good is not all that makes a quality cosplayer. Well mannered, fun, and well made costumes are what make the really quality ones.
It also pays to remember Cosplay is for FUN. It’s great to strive to do the best you can, after all I always do, but the moment you stop having fun because you are judging others too much, or you feel like crap because someone it talking down to you, is the moment someone is doing it wrong. The wrong one is either you who is Hating or whom ever is Hating on you. Remember, most of the younger ones get enough hate at school, so let the Cons be the haven they are meant to be.
Conventions are a place to have fun and share what you love with others. Whether comic, anime or science, we should all hate a little less.
(That isn’t to say constructive criticism is bad/hating, and I know it can be hard to tell at times if someone is trying to help you become better or truly hating. Please do keep this in mind when dealing with others.)